Summer Heat Safety Tips
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water regularly, even if you don't feel thirsty.Avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Limit your exposure to the sun, if possible. If you must be outside, be sure to wear a hat, use sunscreen and dress in loose-fitting, lightweight and light-colored clothes that cover as much skin as possible.
- Use a buddy system when working in extreme heat and remember to take frequent breaks. Try to avoid strenuous work during the hottest part of the day.
- Check on elderly family, friends and neighbors who live alone or do not have air conditioningto make sure they’re safe.
- NEVER leave children or pets in enclosed vehicles, even with the windows "cracked" or open.